Friday, July 3, 2009

Bye Bye Tomato Soup

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE tomato soup...just not on my walls! I've dreamed of the day I could actually paint my own walls, and I have to admit now that it's here I'm so nervous. I knew before we moved here that the tomato soup would go bye bye and a lovely green would take it's place. But finding the right green has proved to be HARD. There are 4 windows in my kitchen and all that light makes shades of green look very different. So after lots of debating and encouraging words from Jeremy like "Choose one already they all look the same," I have chosen a color and started painting. YIKES! Taping was a BIG pain, but I am excited to see the finished product...and be done!
Narrowed it down to 3. Are those the biggest paint swatches you've ever seen?? Did you know you could buy little sample cans at Home Depot for $3??

Narrowed it down to 2. Can you guess which one I picked??

My mother helping me with a broken wrist...that's true LOVE!


Yea, that's me.

One more coat of paint tomorrow and we should be done. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will look good once the blue tape is all gone. Stay tuned for an update!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Wahoo! Lookin good! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Eliza said...

Yeah! That's so exciting! You should have called me; I've had lots of experience painting lately. I'd have come over to help! No need to make your poor, injured mother do it!

Britton & Jamie said...

Hey there!!!! I love the green, although I have to admit I could hardley tell them apart!!! Anyways, it was good talking to ya the other day!!! Now you can go check out my blog!

warrensweetsix said...

How fun! Can't wait to see the finished product! If I could describe your Mother is one word it would be "sweet"! She is always so willing to help and give to anyone. You are a lucky daughter! Keep us updated. Can't wait to see you all at the end of the month!

Jenz said...

taping is a pain...but if you do it right, it makes the finished product way better. i'm a perfectionist when it comes to clean lines. so much so that i always use a tiny paintbrush and go all the way around just to make sure they are perfect.

we just painted our bedroom "seedling green" by Martha Stewart. We love it. we are about to remodel our bathroom next.

Welcome to home ownership! I'm happy for you!!

Peter and Myla said...

From tomato soup to pea soup. Hahaha. How fun! I wish I had a house to play with!!!!

Lacy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just put up a new post with the colors I used in the Monster room.

I LOVE your kitchen. The green is gonna look great. I love those shades.

Randy and Karen Evans said...

I loved helping you!!!