Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

After all the excitement of finding candy and new treasures from the Easter Bunny this morning, we talked about the true meaning of Easter. Jeremy and I asked questions about why we celebrate Easter, what it means to be resurrected, and questions on the things Jesus did before his death. Jacks, to my surprise, knew all the answers but it was a teaching moment for Austin. He said he didn't know what it meant to be resurrected so we told him. I told him that after Jesus died they put his body in a tomb kinda like a cave. Austin quickly said, but it was really a lions den right? Oh, how that little boy makes me laugh!!! He LOVES the story of Daniel and the lions den. I'm not sure how reading scripture stories is with girls, but with boys it's all about the fighting!!

When the boys got home from church, I had to stay home because Nolan threw up about 20 times this weekend, they told me all about what they had learned. They used pictures and small objects in Easter eggs to help them tell me the story. I LOVE hearing my boys talk about the gospel and about the Savior. It does a mom's heart good...they do listen even when you don't think they are!! Happy Easter.

1 comments:

The MontaƱo’s said...

You are the best Mom!! Looks like you guys had a great Easter and I love those teaching moments!