Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cute Kitchen Chairs

So my mammaw gave me a cute yellow table and 5 chairs a few years ago when she got a new one. I LOVED the creamy yellow color, however who ever painted it did a not so fabulous job. They just painted right over the brown. A not so good paint job + 3 little boys + 3 meals a day = a not so pretty table and chairs. Austin peals the paint off of his chair while he eats, scrubbing too hard chips the paint, and banging forks on the table makes lots of little brown dots!! My table and chairs have gone from pretty yellow to chipped yellow with lots of brown. Getting a new table isn't really an option right now, and having a table cloth or chair covers isn't either. Could you imagine what the boys would do to fabric??? So I've been on the look out for some way to make my table look nicer, but still functional. I was chatting with my sister in law Melanie one day and talking about decorating and she mentioned someone she knew had their names on their kitchen chairs. The more I thought about that, the more I LOVED the idea. I thought if I put our names on the chairs in brown letters, that would embrace the yucky brown showing on my table. It would make it look more Shabby Chic instead of worn out. So with the help of my friend Liza's cricut machine and about $1 in vinyl, I personalized my chairs.



What do you think??? I LOVE it. Jeremy thinks it's silly to have our names on our chairs, but i LOVE the way it looks. It really makes my chairs look so much better. And the stick table runner adds some more brown...and the boys can't ruin it!!

6 comments:

Emily said...

You are soooo creative! I LOVE the idea. Way to embrace what you have! LOVE IT!! Will you ask your friend if I can come over too????? ;-)

Kami P. said...

That looks great Lisa. I wish my chairs didn't have a hole right in the center of the back or else I'd be copying your idea.

warrensweetsix said...

Anything you do looks cute!!! Love it.

Kristi said...

Those turned out SOOO cute!! Your table isn't as bad as you describe!!! People pay big bucks for stuff like that!!! And it is darling!! That vinyl tops off the cuteness!! Love it!! We all have our designated chairs too...NOBODY wants to sit in Brooklee's!! It's constantly a mess!! In fact, one of the weekends my mother-in-law was here---it didn't get cleaned off the meal before---and she sat in it!!!!!!!! HELLO!!! Talk about embarassing!! She probably thinks we live in a barn! :) GOod job on your little project!! You're awesome!

The MontaƱo’s said...

LOVE your chairs! Can't wait to see how great they'll look in your new home (whichever one it is!!) You are amazing! I wish I had just a pinch of your talent!

Ryan and Becca said...

Love them! How do you find the time? You are so talented!