Monday, February 9, 2009

I LOVE my Statues

I LOVE my Willow Tree collection. Isn't it beautiful. Let's take a closer look..

What? Do you see something wrong? Ok, I'll admit that my Willow Tree statues look a little funny, but I LOVE them. The first time one broke I got really mad! I super glued it back together, by the way who ever invented super glue I'm sure had boys. Then it broke again...along with a few others. I took them out of the living room (too many balls flying around) and put them in my bedroom to protect them. I have all the missing arms and head and have been meaning to super glue them back together, but the more I look at them the more I LOVE them the way they are. I LOVE when I look at them I can remember the look of terror on my boys face when they broke. I LOVE that I can remember how much fun they were having throwing balls down the stairs. I LOVE that my statues aren't just pretty to look at, they have fun memories that make me smile.


Just in case you were wondering they aren't made of wood like you would think...plastic!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Too, too funny!!!! I love your attitude about it also! I can't say I'd have that perspective of it. I love my willow tree stuff too, since alot of it was gifts from my mom & Ben, etc. It's one of the few things I'd take with me on the way out of a fire(besides my family & photos of course!)Good for you for thinking of the slain head & arms in such a positive light! You'll have to get a replacement set & display them behind bullet proof glass!! :) But keep the broken ones out for the memories!!! Love it!

Jenny Bobo said...

You are such an awesome mom! When mine start getting broke, I will have to think of you and remember...I LOVE my boys and everything that comes with them!

Kami P. said...

Oh my gosh that made me laugh to hard. Honestly I don't think I'd have the same attitude if mine got broken. You're awesome.

Peter and Myla said...

My mom always said she could never have anything nice, and now I'm realizing what she meant. I think it is so ironic that the little boys head is missing because kids really do run around like chickens with their heads cut off sometimes, and like the mother of the statue it really doesn't change the way we feel about them.