Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!!!


Look what I get for my birthday. What more could a girl ask for? Ok, I can think of a few things, but after 18 days of being apart HE is defiantly at the top of my wish list!!! That's right, we left Jeremy in Texas and he is flying home today. I'm going to meet my parents in Salt Lake for lunch, dump the boys off with them, shop at stores Jeremy would hate, pick him up from the airport, go to a yummy dinner, and spend the rest of the night catching up at a nice hotel. Oh, yea!!

In the 2 weeks we've been home alone, I've realized that Jeremy does do things around the house! I need him back. He keeps me from stressing about stupid things and helps me see the big picture. I don't like being away from him, good thing I had the boys to keep me busy. Here are a few things we did.

* Unpacked the car all by ourselves, even the 50+ pound suitcase and put all the junk away.

* Stayed home while it snowed for 3 days, drank hot chocolate, and listened to Jacks read Junie B Jones.

* Austin had a croup attack which resulted in a 2am phone call to Jeremy, the rest of us got sick too.

* Went to the gym everyday until the kids got sick to have 1 hour all to myself. The daycare won't take sick kids. Don't they know that is when I need a break the most??

* Took dinner to a lady in the neighborhood who just had a baby, and went to 2 primary meetings.

* Went to the movies becasue the boys have been SO good.

* Took the boys to 2 birthday parties on the same day, at overlapping times, in different towns. Yea, I'm a pretty good taxi driver...but not as good as the one in LA. WOW!


Happy Birthday to me...the best present ever. By the way, I'm turing 25!! :)
Jacks woke me up early this moring with breakfast in bed...a bowl of my favorite cereal. I have such sweet boys!!

8 comments:

Eliza said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUTIE! I'm so glad you get your sweetie back, which is funny because I'm counting the days until mine leaves!
Have a super fun time!

Kami P. said...

So you're going to a hotel to catch up on what? :-) Sounds like soooo much fun. I need a day like that with my hubby.
And I just have to say that I looooove your cookies as well. I still crave those that you made for me (I can't remember their name, but I'm sure you know which ones I'm talking about.) You even gave me the receipe for them, but I havn't even tried to make them. I actually really don't like baking.

Maggie said...

25 huh? hahaha happy day!

K Lind said...

What a sweet boy getting you breakfast in bed!

Kristi said...

I almost called you this morning but I figured you'd be gone already! YEAH for you getting such a perfect gift! I'd consider it a 3for 1 special! You get to drop your kids off, you get to shop ALONE! & you get a night away with your hubby! That would be a perfect day for almost all moms!!! Add unlimited money into that & wa-lah!! Hope you had a great day! May you stay 25 forever!!!! :)

Emily said...

That's so great! I hope you have an awesome day/weekend! Your are amazing! I think I turn 25 this year too!!!

The MontaƱo’s said...

YEAH you are home!! Happy birthday and look what a fun trip it looks like you guys had, holy moly wonderwoman! Can't wait to see you wed for lunch!!

warrensweetsix said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! Did you dye your hair darker? It looks really pretty. Glad you got your other half home with you. Off to Costco... Bye.