Saturday, February 21, 2009

February Fun

I've been neglecting our blog and totally dropped the ball on the "Things I LOVE" posts, but I'm going to do better...or maybe not. Either way, here's a few pictures of things we've been up to.

Jeremy is home. YEA!!!! I met him at the airport and look what he surprised me with. Remember how I said I could only think of a few things besides Jeremy that I would like for my birthday, well a new camera was it. I've been wanting a nice camera for a while, so I can learn to take beautiful pictures of my beautiful boys. Now comes the learning how to use it part. So anyone who would like to teach me how to use it (Mandy, Maggie, Maegen) I would LOVE the help and a visit!!!

We went to PF Changs for dinner, YUM! And our hotel was right next to Krispy Kremes, YUM!
We made rice krispie treats for Jacks' class Valentine party. We cut them in hearts with a cookie cutter, put chocolate frosting on them, and added some sprinkles. Cute, yet so easy! I helped the kids pass out their Valentines in his class, and it was so fun to watch them get excited. There's a little girl in Jacks' class that likes him and was totally trying to hold his hand while I read them books. She even wrote him a note about how much she missed him while he was in Texas!! He says he doesn't like it, but I secretly think he does. I so remember my first boyfriend and it was in 1st grade. He gave me a box of chocolates for Valentines in the coat closet!

I baked cakes for my nieces to decorate. My mother in law was in town babysitting, so we spent a few nights eating dinner together. And she watched my boys a few times too. How nice would it be to have family around to babysit!

Nolan has been busy doing a lot of this...

and this. Crying, eating, and sleeping!! Most of his crying is from all the candy laying around the house that he finds and then gets taken away. He is addicted to candy. If he can see any thing sweet, or even a container on the counter that he thinks has cookies in it, he won't eat his dinner! I have to hide everything during dinner time. You would never guess he only weighs 19 pounds and isn't even on the chart. I don't think the doctor believes he really eats like a horse!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Too funny! I'm glad you have a fun new toy!! It's always fun to have something to tinker with! Loved catching up with you-we're excited to have you & the boys come play & chill! You're awesome! Thanks for being such a sweetheart & a great friend! Ya'll are such a sweet family!

Emily said...

Chocolates in the coat closet, huh????? Wow! Your new camera looks awesome. I love girly movies too! It's nice to "feel good" when it is over.

Maegan Grant said...

I am so excited about your new camera! YAY! You will love it and I will help you with whatever I can! I love seeing pics of the boys! Keep posting!

Maegan