Monday, January 5, 2009

We made it!!!

We weren't able to leave the day after Christmas because of a big snowstorm, which meant I got to go shopping!!! Oh my, I got so much stuff for so cheap. Hopefully we really will have a house next year to decorate!


So we left on the 27th on the long drive. After about a hour in the car Jacks said he felt sick and needed a throw up bag. Good thing we had plenty of Wal Mart sacks, because he did throw up. We stopped to throw it in the trash and Austin asked if we were in Texas yet?? We get back on the road (we were in a canyon going up and down and around and around) and Jacks says he feels sick again. He starts throwing up again, and then Austin said he needed a napkin. He didn't need a napkin because he started throwing up minus a bag!!! We pulled over again, changed clothes, cleaned up the car, bought some Ziploc bags, and had a good rest of the way. Note to self: Don't let kids watch a movie going through a canyon.


We have had a fun time here so far, enjoying weather in the 60's and 70's. The boys have enjoyed Grandma's huge backyard and even raked up most of the leaves. We've been busy eating fish and Mexican food, while Jeremy has been working everyday!! But Jackson is suppose to be in school today, so we are at the library working on school stuff and checking our books on penguins. I never knew that first graders had so much work!! Wish us luck getting it all done!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad that you are online now!! Sorry about the car ride with motion sick kids. I am glad that you got there safe though. And the shopping trip sounded wonderful. I really missed out!

Kristi said...

Glad to hear you made it! All beit adventurous as it was!! We miss you guys! The boys started their new school today....I just wanted to stay, to make sure they don't get lost or something!!!!! Breaks my heart to make them change mid-year!! Oh well!! Good luck with your homeschool stuff!! Keep in touch!

ang said...

funny story. i learned that same lesson. now I just tell them as soon as we hit windy roads, u have 1 more min to watch tv. that is a great story. i am glad that u made and hope you don't miss us all toooo much

JoLynne said...

I am so sorry about the throwing up-it is such a pain to clean up. Hope you are having fun in Texas!

The MontaƱo’s said...

You are such a wonderful mother! The birthday, Christmas, everything looked so fun! Have fun in Texas for the next few weeks!!! We'll be checking out houses here in Blft for y'all!