Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Nice. Nothing like unloading the car after a very long trip (and yes that is a Christmas tree in the corner)!!! Now you know why I haven't posted...I've been busy cleaning and doing laundry!!! I didn't dare take a picture of the inside of the van...I'm sure you can imagine what it looks like after being gone for over a month. I'm sure there is enough food in Nolan's car seat alone to feed us for a week! We had a wonderful time in Texas and enjoyed catching up with friends and family. The weather was awesome, mostly in the 60's and 70's. Every time we go home I realize how beautiful east Texas is. There are trees everywhere, the people are so friendly, and there are so many good memories there. I'm sure we'll end up back there someday, but until then it's fun to visit. Even though our trip was fun,we are glad to be home. Despite the fact that it was 8 degrees when I took Jackson to school on Monday and the high hasn't been above 20 since we've been home!! The boys loved going back to school and seeing their friends again and I've loved getting back into our routine. The boys are going to bed at 8 instead of 10 or later, Nolan is taking long naps again, and I've been to Wal Mart and TJ Max! I'll try to post pictures from our trip tonight after the kids go to bed if I don't fall asleep with them!!


4 comments:

Emily said...

So glad you're back. We missed you!

warrensweetsix said...

Glad you had a good time. Missed seeing your blog updates. Talk to you soon, Katy

Eliza said...

Welcome home! I'm so glad you made it back in one piece. I'll talk to you soon!

SonyaZ1212 said...

It was so good seeing my namesakes and your kiddos! They are sooooo cute!! I wish I had known you were here for a month! Thanks for going to see mom so much! She talks about ya'll coming up there all the time! It meant alot to her! I love you little cousin!