I kept telling myself I wasn't going to decorate this year since we're leaving (we're going to Texas and won't be back until the 1st of February) and I didn't want to come home to Christmas in February, but I just couldn't help it! The boys were so excited to decorate and every time we pulled something out of the box they would say, "I remember that from last year!" I love having the house all festive, listening to Christmas music, and ease dropping on all the boys conversations about Santa!! This truly is a wonderful time of year.
We tried a new tradition this year of wrapping up all the Christmas books, and opening one each night. I bought one new one this year and the boys had fun trying to guess which one it was....until Nolan opened all the books!!! So we'll have to give it another try next year!!
Here's Jacks and Austin making their countdown calendars. We put numbers on the front and candy on the back, and they get to cut one number off each day and get a candy. We had to put Nolan in the high chair, for this craft to be successful!
We've already seen Santa, so we can check that off our list. This year the boys aren't really asking for anything specific, so I think we're good in that department!! Our church Christmas party was Friday and Santa came after the kids sang some Christmas carols...Jacks sang good, but Austin picked his nose the whole time!!
I just had to take a picture of this. Last night while doing a final cleanup before bed, I found the kids nativity like this. Jacks loves to arrange the figures so they are guarding Jesus, but I guess he thought the wise men weren't doing a good job because he enlisted the help of some of his star wars guys!! Too Cute.
3 comments:
Okay, when you described the picture it sounded cute & it is SOO cute!! I love the stand out red & all of you look darling! I also love the Star Wars guy protecting Jesus! Thank goodness Jacks thought of that! What a cute and awesome family you are! We've loved getting to know you-let's not lose touch because we'll be more than a parking lot away!! Thanks for the boxes again! I'm cruzin' now!! Talk to ya later!!!
The Stars Wars is so cleavor. I felt the same way about decorating because we aren't even going to be here the three weeks over christmas, but I couldn't resist. I love the christmas season decorations too much. And I'm so glad I did cuz I love the way my house looks.
I got your cute christmas card and it is soooo cute. Do you have your own computer program to be able to do that?
You are amazing! I'm so sad I FORGOT about wed at Kathie's! I went to Poky to finish X-mas shopping!! You are too sweet! Your cruise looked amazing and I LOVE you're moving back to Blackfoot!! DO you know where? Check us out too at: www.montanofam.blogspot.com
Post a Comment