It's October 1st and I just put the finishing touches on the last Halloween costume (big sigh of relief)!! The boys finally decided what they wanted to be, I figured out a way to make them, bought all the fabric for about $9, and now have 3 happy boys!!! The big boys' costumes weren't hard to put together, but Nolan's costume almost went into the trash. I'm not used to sewing things that small and had to adjust it 3 times, but I have to say his is my favorite. The boys LOVE wearing their costumes (even Nolan) but needed the final approval of dad to make sure it was cool. When Jeremy got home, Austin put his costume on and asked Jeremy if he thought it was cool. He said yes, and Austin whispered to me, "Dad thinks it s cool!" It makes a mom feel good to make something and have your kids love it so much...and have it actually look like it's suppose to. I'm not posting pictures yet, so you'll just have to be patient. I will say that all the boys "go together" and that Jeremy and I will probably dress up to match too!! I just LOVE Halloween time. Last night we put spider webs all over the house and Jeremy hung these huge hairy spiders coming down in the webs. I'm so excited to make Halloween treats( we've already decorated cookies once, thanks Myla), read Halloween books, and make fun decorations with the kids. The boys are already asking to make the little salt dough ghosts and scary trees like we did last year. I think we'll do that this weekend, while watching conference!!
What fun things do y'all do for Halloween???
3 comments:
Nothin..(just really wanted to say that)
That is so great you are done with that. I don't ussully get that far until a week or so before Halloween, really shortly before the first time they are needed. but I love halloween to, I am sure that you already know that though. We are also dressing up as a theme all 6 of us. How FUN!!!
You are a tease!! I am so excited to see your family in your costumes!! = ) Oh and your house looks way cute- especially the orange lights around your door!!! ; )
Post a Comment