Sunday, October 5, 2008

Nolan had a Birthday!!

I can't believe that this little boy is now 1!!! We have enjoyed him so much and the fun is just beginning. He can walk a few steps, dance to any music (even hymns), gives open mouth kisses, loves to chew on batteries (from all the remotes), and makes everyone's heart melt!!! Here is a glimpse of Nolan's special day...

Since it was his birthday I let him do some of his favorite naughty things, one being playing in the dishwasher. Other favorite things include playing in the kitchen drawers, carrying utensils around the house, climbing in the fridge, and playing with all the controlls to the Wii and play station.

For his birthday we gave him a little climber with a slide and basketball hoop that dad could not put together fast enough. He loves to climb and knew that this was his because every time Jacks or Austin tried to climb on it he would push them off!!

The boys gave him a truck with a handle which they have thoroughly enjoyed playing with!

Poppa and Grandma Evans came up for the weekend and gave him lots of presents, and in true grandma fashion had many more for me to choose from that she could take back!!!

Here's Nolan's cake or cupcake tower. I thought it would be perfect for just one candle on top! He didn't try to touch the candle, he was too busy trying to grab the M&M's.
Nolan wasn't interested in eating his cake, all he wanted to do was smash it between his fingers. Jacks tried to feed him a piece and he spit it out...I thought the cake tasted good. Maybe he takes after his dad and doesn't really love sweets!

Here is Nolan's best friend Jakey who lives across the street. Nolan's girlfriend Lacey was out of town!

Even though the slide was a big hit, I think next time I'll see if someone else will buy the expensive toy and ask if we can have the box!!!

4 comments:

mmmandy! said...

Happy birthday, Nolan! You're the sweetest-looking thing and I'll just bet that you've got the personality to match!

Hale Family said...

Happy Birthday to Nolan! They all look so big! I love the new picture of them in red. Jackson's hair looks so cute (though, I did love it long).

Victoria

Emily said...

I'm sad we had to miss that. Lacey would have LOVED to be there. The cake was so cute and it looked gooooooood!

ang said...

what a cute cake. did you make it. he is so dang cute