Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Goodnight Kisses

Every night before we go to bed we say family prayer and give goodnight kisses. Well, the last few nights Nolan has caught on to our routine.

Night 1: After watching the boys give me a kiss on the forehead, he leaned over and pressed his face on my forehead...not real sure what they were doing.

Night 2: Once we started giving the boys their goodnight kisses, he got ready with his mouth wide open {gotta love those kisses} and started putting his mouth over our lips. He figured out what was going on.

Night 3: So tonight Austin was saying the prayer when all of a sudden I get this big wet kiss on my mouth. I opened my eyes and Nolan was standing there giving me kisses. He did it a few more times during the prayer and I started laughing. When the prayer was over, Austin said "Was that a funny prayer Mom?" I told him no and that I was laughing because Nolan kept kissing me. I guess Nolan wanted to make sure he kissed me first!

I thought it was so funny that he knew goodnight kisses were coming after the prayer and that he wanted to make sure he was first. I guess being boy #3 he doesn't get many firsts. Such a smart little boy!!

3 comments:

Eliza said...

Oh how adorable!

Carrie and Tanner said...

That story is so funny- Nolan is so funny and smart for only being a year old!

Unknown said...

He's taking after his DAd.