Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A really fun week until...

Jeremy is on his 2nd rotation and it has been fabulous!! He is home everyday by noon or 1pm which allows us lots of family time. Last week we had family fun day everyday, but all good things must come to an end. On Monday we went bowling and to Chili's (YUM). On our way home Jackson said, "Mom can we have another family fun day?" So we decided to have a family fun week!! Tuesday we played Frisbee golf, where Nolan rode in his stroller standing up while holding on to the bar. (I'll have to recreate that picture because I forgot my camera, but it was so funny.) Wednesday Jeremy went fishing, fun for him! And Thursday we went swimming. I even got Jeremy to go with us, and the boys were so excited to show him their tricks in the water. We were all floating in the lazy river, when suddenly the tube Nolan and I were floating on flipped over!! A boy was swimming under water and decided to come up for air right under us which dunked us both in the water. Nolan didn't seem to mind going under water, but that's when our fun week came to a stop!!!

Taking a break from the water and trying to get rid of our farmer tans!!


Nolan falling asleep sitting up. Swimming is hard work for a little guy!!


So, Nolan had been kinda fussy all week and has had a runny nose for a few weeks, but we thought he was probably teething. I finally decided to take him in to the doctor and can you guess what was wrong??? That's right, another ear infection!!! That makes 2 in a month (see previous post). He's feeling better now, but the medicine makes him poop all day which results in a little red bum!!

And finally to end our week on Saturday. We had a garage sale (which earned us $100), and the boys were so good at keeping themselves busy and out of the way. Austin was running down the sidewalk pushing a car when the car started going faster than his feet which resulted in a face plant on the sidewalk!! He came walking up the sidewalk with a bloody mouth, and luckily Jeremy was home to take care of him. I don't to very good when my boys get hurt (something I know I need to get over since I have 3 of them), especially when it's their mouth. I fear looking in their mouth and seeing their teeth gone!! Austin didn't loose his teeth, but they are very wiggly. We are going to the dentist tomorrow to see if they are ok. His gums look a lot better today, so hopefully he'll get to keep his teeth!Even with the trauma at the end of the week, spending a whole week with my family was so fun!!

4 comments:

rxmilner said...

OH I HATE ear infections. Elliot had a bazillion of them and ended up w/ tubes, and Shiloh has had two in three weeks (or maybe the same one that just didn't go away?) Anyway, I feel your pain! Constant pooping, red bum, and trying to medicate a fussy baby . . . it all sounds very familiar!

Emily said...

Nolan is so cute in that picture! I can't believe he was going to sleep sitting up. I am glad you had so much fun "Family" time. I'm jealous!

Hale Family said...

Nolan looks so cute falling asleep! I am sorry to hear about Austin's accident. When I read about you being afraid of your boys getting hurt - I remembered one of them getting hurt when I was there and you being so scared to try to fix it - maybe stiches or something! I hope they all stay safe for a very long time for you!

warrensweetsix said...

I totally know what you mean about a family fun week. We just spent the last 10 days together as a family and it was so fun! We just got back from Maryland 2 days ago. I will have to update my blog soon. Sorry about Nolans ear infection again! I totally know how you feel. It was to the point where I knew exactly what it was I just needed a presciption. But I still had to go in and pay a $20 co-pay. Anyway, cute pics! Poor Austin! Let me know how the dentist went.