Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ache of the Heart...

It's hard to say goodbye to something that has been apart of your life for so long. Jeremy's truck has decided to stop working, and after the final diagnoses Jeremy said, "My heart hurts." This truck has been with us since the very beginning...

It took us to prom and on many other dates!!
(notice how shiny it is)

It took us to our hotel on our wedding night.

It has been to father and son campouts.


And now with no paint, no AC, and lots of memories may it REST IN PEACE.

8 comments:

Emily said...

That is the best post I have seen in a LONG time! I get attached to vehicles like that too! I LOVE the prom picture too! SWEET! Maybe I'll have to send Jeremy a "sympathy" card.

Jenny Bobo said...

This post is awesome! It actually reminds me a lot of Greg with his Kia...except he hasn't had his near as long. Condolences Jeremy.

So I am really curious about who is in the new Primary Presidency and YES I would love to see what you did for your program. I was just sitting down to write it today and it would be nice to get some creative juices flowing. My email is gregjennybobo@aim.com
THANKS in advance!

Kami P. said...

How sad :-( So many memories! I can't believe that prom picture. It's not very often that couples have high school pictures to look back on. That is priceless.
p.s. Have you gotten the minkee?

mmmandy! said...

:(
Maybe you can keep the steering wheel or the bumper or something... mount it to the wall?? It will totally go with your decor!

Kristie said...

Lisa, I remember you sending me that dance picture so many years ago! I can't believe the connection you have to that truck.

BOT said...

I remember seeing Jeremy drive up the driveway before your prom. He gave us a ride back to the house and everything. As I sat in the back of that jet black, vintage vehicle with the wind lapping at my face while we passed Michael Forhand's house, I thought I was the King of the World. So many memories. RIP

Unknown said...

My heart is aching for Jeremy and knowing what pain he's experienced. My Nellie (Pinto) was destroyed by another car but we had great memories of going down Center St in Provo, riding the hillsides east of Provo that were meant for motorcycles etc. An automobile grows on a guy and its just hard to get rid of them. My best regards to Jeremy!! Good photo's.

warrensweetsix said...

This was such a sad post. Wow, I didn't realize you have had that truck that long! What memories!