Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Food, Family, Food, Fireworks, Food...

We spent the 4th with the Evans' down in Utah, and had a weekend filled with family, fun, fireworks, and lots of food!! A lady at church on Sunday said the 4th of July is her favorite holiday because you can eat all you want and don't have to give anyone a present. I'll say Amen to that!!
My awesome brother Michael got up at 5am to go save us a spot to watch the parade in Provo. I made firecracker hats for the boys to wear, and they thought they were cool for about 5 minutes.
We decided to skip the stadium of fire fireworks (and the traffic) and opted for an interactive fireworks display!! Jackson loved doing the fireworks, but Austin went inside after a few minutes because they were too loud.
WE LOVE OUR MAMMAW!!! Nolan has the cutest giggle, and Mammaw had him giggling all evening. My brothers thought it would be cool to give Nolan a mo hawk, I guess another one of my boys needs a haircut!
This is Nolan's Great Grandpa Brown, and his name sake. His name is John and Nolan's middle name is John. Grandpa doesn't call him Nolan, he only calls him John!!! I think it is so need that he gets to meet him, after all he is 91 years old. But he's not to old to give Nolan a little "Bookie Boo"
The whole Evans family. Notice there are now 3 girls, soon to be 4!! My sister in law Melanie is having a baby girl very soon. I love spending time with my family, and love a good game night even more!!! Here's to Shantiqua eating a thesbia topping twist. (gotta love scattegories)

4 comments:

Emily said...

I have been waiting for your update. It looks like you had a VERY fun time with your family! The firecracker hats were AWESOME! Have you driven or ran past my house lately??? You might want to!!

mmmandy! said...

I didn't know your brother got married... and that there's going to be a grand-daughter! Is your mom just beside herself with excitement? Watch- all your brothers will have only girls and you'll have only boys. :) Go figure.
Your fam is the coolest- hope to see them and YOU soon!

Kami P. said...

Cute, cute firework hats! I don't know if you check your email very often so this is is a note to tell you I just sent you an email. Chow!

BOT said...

I think it's "pimp" that Nolan is the only one actually looking at the camera.