Jackson is a fabulous eater, and will eat anything on his plate if I tell him he has to. So when Austin came along who refuses to eat most things (especially if they are green), it was really hard for me. At first I forced Austin to eat things, which resulted in him gaging, and throwing up on more than one occasion. On Mother's Day he finally swallowed his teeny tiny piece of broccoli and was so proud....he hasn't eaten any since, but I feel like we're making progress!
So knowing the history of Austin's eating habits, this is what happened yesterday after church. I cooked a spaghetti squash (thanks Kami) which Jeremy and I thought was yummy for dinner and was making cookies for a treat. Austin & Jacks asked me if they could try some cookie dough and I told them they could if they would eat a little bite of squash. Jacks made a horrible face, but ate his bite. I gave Austin one little strand, it touched his lips, and he started gaging. I told him that wasn't good enough and that he had to eat it! So he put the squash in his mouth and the next thing I know, he's throwing up all over the floor!! Not 2 seconds after he threw up, he said "Can I have some cookie dough now Mom???"
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Gross. What a stinker! That is too funny! ;o)
I have done that before with Ashlyn. Then I feel horrible afterwards for making her eat it. Ha!
He must have really wanted that cookie dough!
Yikes. He must have really sensitive gagging reflexes! Did he get the bit of cookie dough?
Oh man! He really put himself out there for his treat! I think my husband had the same reaction when I tried to get him to eat squash!
That was laugh out loud funny. At first I thought I was going to be a hero for finding a veggie that Austin liked, but i guess not. :-)
Sick! I can't count how many times I've had to deal with the gag reflex over something for dinner. Austin has a true talent, though!
austin is truly awesome. I bet he will perfect the puking talent and use it to get out of school when he gets older. so did he get the cookie dough?
andrea
Raw cookie dough! Shame on you!! ; )You are going to get lots of vomitting if you feed them that!! ;)
I have finally broken the habit!!
Post a Comment