Friday, May 23, 2008

Kindergarten graduation

I can't believe the school year is over...mostly because it still feels like winter here! Jacks had his kindergarten graduation today, and he did a most excellent job. They sang 3 songs, walked to get their "diploma", and had cookies for refreshments. Mrs. Jensen had to stall the graduation for about 20 minutes while we (along with several other parents) were stuck behind a train that wanted to travel 1 mph, then stop on the tracks. Good thing Kristi had the school phone # on her cell phone!!

Here's a sample of "I've been working on the railroad." Jacks didn't learn a whole lot of new things in kindergarten because he already knew his colors, letters, and numbers. But he did make lots of friends, loved riding the bus, can read a few books, and can solve math problems in his head!! Congratulations Jacks, we are so proud of you!!! He's excited to go to 1st grade because they get 2 recesses and get to eat lunch!

First day of kindergarten, and graduation from kindergarten. He looks so grown up to me (sigh), but maybe it's just the shaggy hair!!

3 comments:

Hale Family said...

Congratulation Jacks!
He does look so very cute! I am crazy about the shaggy hair. I hope all is well and maybe we will get to come see you again sometime soon. How did your watermelon turn out?

warrensweetsix said...

Can you believe our children will be 1st graders?! Ashlyn graduates on Thursday night. Their last day is Friday, the 30th. Its kinda sad. I feel like I am getting old already.

mmmandy! said...

Very cool. I wish that I (or Emily) had been able to attend Kindergarten graduation last year. She was sick and so we missed it. Oh well, we've still got 3 more chances! :)
Congratulations Jackson!