Before we bought our house, when I saw the fireplace I told Jeremy it looked like stitches.
(it's pretty, but not friendly)
I have 4 brothers and we had a fireplace growing up...lots of stitches! We've only lived in our house 3 months and the fireplace has already attacked one of the boys. Nolan was playing with the toys in the corner...bad idea and they are getting moved...when he tripped on the corner of the fireplace. The rocks split his nostril in half. However, he didn't get a scratch, cut, or bruise on his face at all, weird. I wasn't home, so Jeremy took him to the ER. Yes, the ER in the middle of the day. I called Jeremy when I got home and he said he was at the ER!! I went straight there and we were there ALL day. First they numbed it to clean it. Then they had to stitch his nose back together, and they had to put him under to do that. After they stitched it we had to wait until Nolan could walk before we could leave. We were there about 4 hours!! Even though it was the most expensive option, it turned out to be the best. The Dr. did an amazing job on his stitches and his little nose looks good. He had to line his nostril back up which was the hardest part.
5 comments:
Poor little guy!! I'm glad that it's healing nicely - a red sucker can make anything better. Mom
That is the cutest post! Go Nolan, you are so brave!! And I love the TV over the fireplace!
Lisa, I can't believe that story! Your "fall" decor must have inspired Nolan! (which looks great, by the way...)
I bet you were hysterical to hear news from your hubby without actually seeing what happened! I can picture Nolan trying to figure out what all those doctors and nurses were doing. Accidents are so tough on kids!
Oh what a little trooper! We're glad Nolan's alright! :)
This makes me so sad because I am seeing how easily it could happen to my own child. I can't believe his poor little nostril was cut in half!
Post a Comment