Saturday, August 8, 2009

Things I want to remember...

I know I will always remember family vacations, reunions, and weddings (things we have done this summer that I will post soon, hopefully) but today I want to remember the little things my boys do. The things that make them who they are. The things I know I will forget. The things that make me laugh. The things they do everyday that don't seem important.

Jacks shaking his booty! I want to remember this because one day he will be too cool to dance. But for right now he shakes his booty anytime the radio is on or anytime he is singing. He can hear a song one time and know the words and carry the tune...not always a good thing! And just today he asked me how to be a singer on the radio.

Austin always wearing accessories. I want to remember this mostly because it makes me laugh. He told me he didn't want his eyes or nose to get hurt while riding his bike. Austin LOVES to wear capes, old football jerseys, masks, super hero outfits, and has even worn a ninja turtle suit to Wal Mart. I call them accessories because Jeremy doesn't like it when we say "dress up" clothes!!
Nolan and his LOVE for tools and wearing gloves. I want to remember this because one day those big gloves won't be too big. In the winter it was Jeremy's HUGE snow gloves, now it's the work gloves. As soon as he goes outside he puts on a pair of gloves and grabs a tool. The funny thing is, he actually knows how to use the tools. He is a hard worker!

4 comments:

Randy and Karen Evans said...

What cute boys and what cute memories. Enjoy them for they will grow up faster than you think. I was looking at the picture of you 5 kids at Jared and Brittany's wedding and it was hard to realize all my kids are grown and adults!! I love you guys!! Grandma Evans

The MontaƱo’s said...

Lisa that is the sweetest post ever! I love the booty shakying, accessory wearing (gloves can be considered acceosories I think!) thoughts. U R a FABULOUS MOM!! :)

kel said...

It's the little things that are important and precious! Well said!
I love Nolan's blonde hair, so adorable!

Randy and Karen Evans said...

Happy Anniversary!! 9 years - WOW