We have done a lot of growing up at our house the last few weeks. I know that I should be glad that my boys are growing up and becoming more independent, but I have to admit that I don't like it that much!!
Jacks 1st day of school. Look how excited he is to come home...and Austin couldn't wait for the bus to come.
I made Jacks a back to school cake (only my 2nd cake to ever decorate) and I thought it turned out pretty good until someone had to taste it. I asked Jacks what happened to the cake and he said, "I tasted the side and it tasted so good so I wanted to taste all the colors!"
Austin started preschool this week, and is so grown up. I've never really thought of Austin being grown up because he's not the oldest I guess. But he is very smart and that has kinda taken me by surprise...I think I under estimate him because I don't think he's "big" enough. He came home from his first day of preschool and said, "Mom, we didn't even go to the library or have math time!" And on his way to the car he said, "I really missed Nolan today"...what about mom?

And finally to Nolan. He now rides in a big boy car seat, and I gave our infant car seat away!! I had such a hard time with that. I drove around with it in the back of my van for about a week. All 3 of my boys used it and I guess I was more attached to it then I thought. If we have another baby I would have to get another one anyway becasue it wasn't the newest "safe", but I still had a little heart ache when I finally gave it away. AND as soon as we got home, Nolan refused to eat baby food. (that was a hard day) I know I should be lucky that he has eaten it this long (he'll be 1 in 3 weeks) but it still doesn't make it any easier. He doesn't have any teeth yet, so trying to find things he can gum that is nutritious is hard. I'm not sure why I'm having such a hard time with him growing up, I don't remember feeling like this with the other boys. He's just my baby and now it's just me and him while the boys are at school!! He LOVES to climb up and down the stairs, crawl out the front door and into his little police car, and sit in the basket of toys.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Growing up
Posted by Lisa at 7:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Cute boys and WAY GOOD cake! You are so ambitious. I don't know how you do it all. Did you have fun at the school???
I feel the same way about growing up. Caden had his first b-day today and I feel like he is already a toddler, and no more baby. He hasn't taken baby food in like 2 months now, and he has switched from a bottle to a sippy cup! I just sold my johnny jump -up and our exersaucer on craigslist this week and that was really hard! The johnny- jump up had been through all 3 of our kids.
Hey Lisa
The boys look so cute. I can't believe how big Austin looks. When I read that you put Nolan in a big car seat I thought (before I finished reading) wow, she is moving him out really early. I didn't realize that he was so close to one. Good job on the cake!
Hey!They do grow too fast!I long for the days that went by slowly because all I had to do was feed & nap the boys and clean minor messes!!Those WERE good days!Why do we get busier the bigger THEY get?!?Now, it's almost lonely (but secretly enjoyed a bit) with them gone huh?You should come over & we'll play while the mice are away!!P.S. That's why cakes around here don't get photoged!!My kids indulge before all the frostings on!!!
I am feeling your pains about our boys growing up way too fast!! We just found two more teeth that Jakey is getting! ='(
Your treats on my doorstep were divine!! Aren't blog recipes the greatest!! William always gets mad at me for blogging but now he can't because technically I am meal planning!! Haha!!! = )
Thanks for the treats!! You will have to tell me what blog you got them from!!= )
Oh and thank you for the divine help and inspiration on my blocks!! = )
Wow I am so impressed. You went to alot of work to celebrate to first day of school. I need to do more things like that. That is awsome
Post a Comment