Our TV has not changed channels in 2 weeks...not just because that's the only channel we get...we have been watching the Olympics!!! Our family has enjoyed watching all the races, swimming, gymnastics, volleyball, and basketball, but the boys have taken on a new LOVE for the Olympics. They have been obsessed and have to watch ALL day. They even watched the Today show each morning to see the highlights and the gold metal previews as Austin calls it!!! I've enjoyed teaching the boys about our country and helping them learn about the other countries around the world. The conversations we have had the last 2 weeks have really made me smile, so I thought I would write down a few of my favorites before I forget them...
I told the kids they had to get in bed and Jacks said, "But mom, we haven't watched any Olympics yet!" We were watching the sprinting races and Jacks said, "Mom, why are all the people from the Untied States black?"
Austin saw a flag flying on a flag pole and said,"Look mom there is a United States Flag." I said, "That's right." He said, "Where is the China flag?"
After the closing ceremonies Austin said, "That's sad that the Olypmics are over."
2 comments:
Surprisingly I enjoyed the olympics a ton as well. We were watching every night. I even got a little teary eyed watching Micheal Phelps and Shawn Johnson. Fun Fun.
I would tell you the extent to which my Olympic obsession went, but then you may not want to be friends with me anymore. :)
Our kids got into it too, though not as much as yours. I loved it when they would watch with me! It's awesome that your boys loved it so much!
Post a Comment